Our vision: A world of equality
Jama Nyeta is a socially committed association that focuses on supporting people with a history of flight or immigration. The majority of our target group comes from West Africa, but also from other regions of Africa and the world.
"Jama Nyeta" means "Developing together" and describes the core of our work: we want to develop new ideas and projects, design spaces for exchange and networking, and create images of the future for a better society. And we want to help others develop - together and at eye level. What drives us is our vision: a world of equality.
Through our work, we are committed to ensuring that all people can realize their right to participation: in society and politics, in culture, business and work, in Germany and Europe, in West Africa and around the world. Our diverse team - most of whom have a migrant background themselves - forms a bridge in the encounter between people with and without migration experience.
In Germany, we support people with a history of flight and migration - primarily from West African countries, but also from other parts of the world. Each person who comes to us receives individual counseling and sustainable orientation on their path. In doing so, we create safe spaces for exchange and encounter in a trusting atmosphere.
Our services in Germany include:
- Extracurricular learning support
- Counseling for problems at school, college or work
- Job coaching and placement in internships, apprenticeships and jobs
- Accompaniment during visits to authorities or other appointments
- Advice on legal matters
- Support in finding a place to live
- Computer courses and German courses
- Support in case of experiences with racism and discrimination
- Help with personal crises and referral to therapy centers
- Empowerment and support in the area of integration and inclusion
And this is how we support people in West Africa:
In Africa - especially in the west of the continent - we want to give people a perspective through sustainable projects in cooperation with local partner organizations. Through our direct support, we can directly improve local livelihoods and combat poverty in the long term.